Recommendations for installation
- Geotextiles should be applied to smooth surfaces free of anything that could damage their structure.
- They can be unrolled using special equipment or manually, avoiding creases as far as possible.
- Joining one geotextile layer with another should create no more than 20 centimetres of overlap or that indicated by design specifications. These joins may be stitched, stapled or welded together.
- Geotextiles should not be fixed to the ground using stakes or anything that could damage their smooth structure.
- The material should not come into direct contract with either machinery or construction equipment and should be protected by a filler layer of 20-30 centimetres.
- It is not recommended that the geotextile be exposed to the elements for more than the time period indicated in the specifications.